Welcome to our web site
We are pleased to welcome you and inform you of a national organization totally dedicated to those who are professionally interested and involved in development of phlebology and improvement of diagnostics, prevention and treatment of venous diseases.
The Latvian Society of Phlebology was founded on February 25, 2000 in Riga, Latvia. Among the founders of Society are prominent Vascular Surgeons, Family Doctors, Dermatologists, Hematologists, Cardiologists and Specialists of Public Health.
The Latvian Society of Phlebology is independent professional organization which closely co-operate with other professional medical organizations and is supported by the Physicians Association of Latvia.
To provide a forum for continuing medical education, presentation and discussion of the state of the art of venous diseases treatment to those professionals whose mission is the diagnosis and therapy of vascular diseases.
1. Stimulation of physicians professional growth in field of
2. Promotion of activities in research of venous diseases.
3. Improvement of therapy results of venous diseases.
4. Promotion of medical education.
5. Popularization of achievements of phlebology to community.
6. Organization of seminars and exhibitions.
7. Promotion of exchange of information in field of phlebology.
8. Promotion of co-operation with other societies of phlebology.
9. Management of publishing activities.
In May 2000 the Latvian Society of Phlebology has a Membership of more than 100 physicians.